The AUT is mechanised ultrasonic equipment for the testing of girth welds using zonal discrimination with focused search units. The system is work perfectly to inspect the weld condition and trace the flaws with the instant result.
• Knowledge of phased array technique; advantages/disadvantages; in-depth knowledge of GE Weldstar and Pipe Wizard system; interpretation of results; knowledge of software, equipment, troubleshooting etc.
• Training in accordance with the requirements of ISO 9712.
• To set-up and operate AUT scanners
• To configure software for differing weld configurations
• To calibrate equipment
• The accurate reporting of weld condition from AUT data
• Differentiation of defects from geometric features
• Assessment of AUT records against a specification