• Personnel engaged in the assessment of weld acceptance or rejection from automated ultrasonic testing systems.
• Knowledge of phased array technique; advantages/disadvantages; overview of Pipe Wizard; interpretation of results from pipe girth weld inspections using RD Tech Viewer software; auditing of AUT records.
• The course ends with the certification examination.
• Training in accordance with the requirements of ISO 9712.
• The accurate reporting of weld condition from AUT data
• Differentiation of defects from geometric features
• Assessment of AUT records against a specification
• Assessment of calibration records
• To meet the CSWIP syllabus requirements
• ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: CSWIP AUT certification is available for candidates holding BS EN ISO 9712 UT certification (e.g. PCN or CSWIP).
• Inspectors who do not hold BS EN ISO 9712 Level 2 certification in ultrasonic inspection are required to sit the CSWIP UT Welds Level 2 General Paper (40 multiple choice questions) in addition to the AUT Data Interp exam. Please note, no additional UT training will be provided on the course.
• The minimum required duration of training, which includes both theoretical and practical elements, is: Level 2 - 40 hours
• The minimum duration for experience prior to or following success in the qualification examination is: Level 2 - 3 months